SH 114 and SH 121 West of Main Street
- FM 1709: Paving crews will continue work on the east and westbound SH 114 frontage road at FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard and Northwest Highway throughout the upcoming months. This will also include the Wall Street and Park Boulevard intersection.
- SH 26: Drainage work will continue in the area to assist with a series of traffic switches on SH 26, allowing NorthGate to open additional areas of work. Paving crews will also work on SH 26 north of SH 114.
- Crews have set girders, or horizontal bridge beams, over Ernest Dean Parkway as part of the new direct connector bridges. Our structures crews will continue deck work on the westbound SH 114 bridge to southbound SH 26 and the northbound SH 26 bridge to eastbound SH 114, as well as the bridge barrier. We will open both of these bridges in early summer.
- Northbound SH 121 flyover to westbound SH 114: In early spring, crews will start to pave the tie-ins to and from the northbound SH 121 flyover to westbound SH 114. This second flyover bridge is tentatively set to open in April!
- Eastbound SH 114 mainlanes: Following a recent traffic switch, NorthGate crews have started removing the old eastbound SH 114 mainlanes from FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard to William D. Tate Avenue. Lime, asphalt paving and concrete paving work will all begin in mid-to-late spring.
- The eastbound SH 114 mainlanes from FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard to William D. Tate Avenue will be completed this summer.
- Frontage roads: After recently closing the eastbound SH 114 frontage road east of FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard (U-turn), crews will begin removing the existing roadway and prepare to rebuild the U-turn. Paving work will start in early spring, and the U-turn will reopen soon after.
- We will also start the second half of the westbound SH 114 frontage road between SH 26 and Wall Street, which is set to be in its final configuration in early summer.
SH 114/121 between Main Street and International Parkway
- Northbound SH 121 bridge to eastbound SH 114: Deck operations will continue on the northbound SH 121 bridge to eastbound SH 114, as well as paving work on the lanes to and from the bridge. All of this work will continue through the spring, with the bridge set to open in early summer.
- Texan Trail: NorthGate will conduct a series of traffic switches to advance work on the north and south intersections. This spring, crews will also pave the west-side tie-ins to the bridge. Texan Trail bridge is tentatively set to be in its final traffic pattern in early summer.
- Paving crews will begin working on the remaining eastbound SH 114 mainlanes under Texan Trail bridge. The westbound SH 114 mainlanes at Texan Trail will be in their final traffic pattern in early summer.
- SH 114: Traffic will be in its final pattern on westbound SH 114 from Freeport Parkway to International Parkway in early spring. This pattern will allow crews to begin building the entrance to the westbound SH 114 toll-managed lanes, with work including drainage, grading and removal operations. The eastbound SH 114 mainlanes at International Parkway will also open in mid-spring to its final configuration, which includes all permanent striping and signage.
SH 121 North of DFW Airport
- Bridges north of DFW Airport: Crews will begin paving the expanded deck on the southbound International Parkway on-ramp at Bass Pro Drive this spring. We’re also set to open the northbound International Parkway bridge to eastbound IH-635 and complete the widening of northbound SH 121 north of DFW Airport.
- Northbound Collector Distributor: NorthGate has started work on the northbound Collector Distributor (Bass Pro Drive to FM 244) with drainage and grading work. Wall work will also begin in the coming months, and this area of work is set to be completed this summer.
- Southbound Collector Distributor: Crews will continue work on the southbound Collector Distributor (FM 2499 to Bass Pro Drive). This will include drainage, grading, removals and paving work, as well as a series of traffic switches to help build additional lanes in the area. Work will be completed on the southbound Collector Distributor this summer.